It appears that in about a month, I will (legally) lose my privileges to my apartment gym and yoga classes. So, I have been trying to take advantage of them. Clearly, this is driven more by the fact that I feel the need to get my money’s worth and less by the desire to be healthy and fit. I’m not cheap..stop making fun of me. And where is that $2 you owe me?
But then last night, I spent a full half hour in the gym. And I was like “Why don’t I do this EVERYDAY? It only takes a half hour. I could be so healthy”. I spend at least a half hour total each day taking a break from my homework to stare inside my cupboard and refrigerator. You know, just in case something sweet or salty happens to be there.
But when I started thinking about it, I realized that it takes way more than a half hour. Here’s a breakdown:
- Psyching myself up for the gym: 2 hours
- Forgetting I was going to the gym and eating something: 20 minutes
- Waiting so I don’t get a cramp: 1 hour
- Looking for my sneakers: 15 minutes
- Searching for the right cable station to watch while running: 5 minutes
- Actually running (or walking, whatever): 30 minutes
- Bragging to my boyfriend/parents/roommates that I worked out: 30 minutes
- Shower and post-work out crash: 30 minutes
This is basically an all-night ordeal.
Nonetheless…I guess it has it’s benefits. Namely, I don’t have cable television in my actual apartment.
*Side-note: In England, “fit” means “good-looking”. I learned this from my British friend. The more you know…
How do you feel about gyms and working out? Any good advice?
P.S. Shout out to my number one reader and Grandma: Happy Birthday!