Along with my diary entries from when I was ten-years old, I also found my “Limited Too” journal from 6th grade. This was more structured, meaning that it gave me places to record various things about my life. Things I may want to know in the future. Stuff like my most embarrassing moments, best friends, favorite colors and how dumb I was. Yeah, I only filled out like 6 pages. I really don’t know why anybody bothered buying me these things.
In honor of starting student teaching this year (yesterday was my first day of faculty meetings…what’s up?), I’m gonna showcase the “Predictions” page from this journal and then make some predictions of my own (click it for bigger image):
- My first car will be: a jeep
- I will marry a boy named: Scott
- My grades are going to be: outstanding
- Next hot music group will be: a boy band
- Next year’s popular fashion: sportswear
- New hairstyle: same
- Most popular color: green
- I will become a: actress
- I will make 10 new friends.
How did I do?
- Wrong. But thanks for the Aveo, Mom and Dad. I look really cool driving it.
- Wrong. (99.99% sure.)
- Nailed it.
- Seriously? Just because you thought you liked this when you wore them, doesn’t mean they were cool.
- Same then. Same now. Same always.
- Timeless answer. And very specific too.
- Actress, teacher…I mean, is there really any difference? Other than talent, personality and lack of stage fright??
- Just for that year? No. The rest of your life? Roughly.
Predictions for this School Year:
- The first subject I will teach: math
- I will date a boy named: Kevin
- My grades will be: dope
- Next hot music group: a mariachi band
- Next popular fashion: overalls
- New hairstyle: same (variation: ponytail)
- Most popular color: blue
- I will become an: actress
- I will make 0 to 1 new friends.
What is the square root of 162? Leave your answer in simplest radical form.