I’m going to skip the part where I explain why I haven’t been posting.
Here are some thoughts that have entered my skull this week:
- At a staff meeting, they kept referring to Administration as “Admin”. Naturally, this led me to the greatest idea ever: a Mad Men spinoff called Madmin. If you steal this idea, I will cut you.
- According to the teacher I work with, a male faculty member said that I “have the cutest dimple in my chin”. Pretty sure that’s just a zit. Sorry.
- I generated Pascal’s Triangle with a 5 year old. The kid was able to see the pattern in the diagonals. Genius. Although he struggled with addition of two numbers greater than 5.
- Best student-generated math problem ever: “Snoop Dog was running at a rate of 6 miles per hour to get to his ’64 Impala, which is 30 miles away. How long will it take him to get to the garage?”
- So there is a street that runs perpendicular (that’s geometry) to my street, but it once it hits my street, it stops, forcing cars to turn left or right. However, I just realized if cars were to keep going straight, they would go straight into my driveway. I literally have to look 3 ways before I can back-out. I’m not mad, it’s just weird. Anybody else have this same predicament?
- There is a girl eating a green banana in my classroom. Do I tell her to wait?
- Here are the notes I took during an observation of a geometry class:
- The bell rang so I need to stop.
Please answer #4. Extra Credit: Show your work and define your variables.