This is where I’m going to share ten things with you on Tuesday because I think alliteration is fun. And I’m going to alternate photos and sentences because I like patterns.
1. I learned about The Monty Hall Problem in my class, and spent the whole weekend teaching it to all of my friends. Check it out. (After re-reading this, I’m really surprised I still have any friends.)
2. I took this at the La Jolla Public Library right after I got my library card and checked out a stack Mary Higgins Clark books. Proof that librarians can have a sense of humor.
3. Just when I thought that I experienced the epitome of a yoga dude being annoying, last night I sat between TWO dudes (the only ones in the class) who thought that the appropriate distance between yoga mats is only about 7 or 8 inches. During one pose, the only thing I was concentrating on was not getting stabbed in the eye.
4. In “Teaching Content Literacy”, my group had to make a Venn diagram of The Black Plague and AIDS. Nailed it.
5. On a side note, I’m still not sure how the aforementioned class is going to help me teach math…
6. Apparently, you can’t play this word in Hanging with Friends. Muggles.
7. When I get a corgi one day, you can fully expect me to stop writing on this blog and contribute full-time to this site: OCD: Obsessive Corgi Disorder.
8. Two words: Mathematical Miracle. I dub thee “Blessed Grocery Purchase”. But seriously, has this ever happened to you?
9. If you are ever looking to be bored out of your minds, go right ahead and check out the “teacher website” I created. The pictures are the best part.
AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST…
10. On Wednesday, August 17th, the biggest event to ever transpire on my blog will take place…drum roll please….Tyler Tarver is guest posting! If you know me in real-life, then you know I’m always lol-ing over something this guy has written. He is a math teacher in Arkansas (yes, people live there), but his blog is about much funnier things than math. He recently came out with a book Words & Sentences, and is doing to 2-D Book Tour via guest-posting.
My copy. You can’t borrow. You have to buy it.
So this is what YOU have to do:
- Mark the date August 17th, 2011 on your calendar so you don’t miss this guest post.
- Read some of my favorite posts of his to get all warmed up. I wouldn’t want you pulling any muscles
Letter from my 13 year old Self
Email Forwards and Creative Sarcasm
Happy April Fools Day
What is a blog you highly recommend?